The website https://the-consortium.co.uk is operated by The Consortium, which is a group of independent business advisors, consultants and coaches who have chosen to collaborate under this banner. Members of The Consortium are identified on the website.
1. Who we are
2. Policy headlines
The Consortium is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are responsible for protecting your personal information as a “data controller” under applicable data protection legislation. If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us using the details at info [at] the-consortium dot co dot uk.
This Policy sets out the basis by which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting https://the-consortium.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Our nominated person for data protection is Lesley Anne Rubenstein-Pessok.
3. Your information
We may collect personal identification information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, sign up for mentoring, register for a workshop or webinar, or in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available.
We will collect such information only if users voluntarily submit it to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but this might prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering for services via our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website;
- information contained in, or relating to, any communication that you send to us or send through our website or via email (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as the pages that users visit most often, and the services, events or facilities that are of most interest to users. We may use this information to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for our users.
4. Why do we collect this information?
We collect information for the purposes of conducting and marketing our business and improvement to our services. The lawful basis under which we process your information includes:
- to administer our website and business;
- to personalise our website for you;
- to enable your use of the services available on our website;
- to supply services purchased through our website;
- to obtain feedback from you about our services;
- to carry out personalised marketing and communications (if you have opted to receive these);
- to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our services or items we think you will find of interest;
- to collect payments from you;
- to send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- to send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- to send you email newsletters if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our Users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual User from that information);
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- to keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- to verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
We will only use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know at any time using the contact details at info [at] the-consortium dot co dot uk.
5. Do we share your information with anyone else?
We may need to provide your information to our Members and Associates who provide services on our behalf, to the extent necessary to enable you to receive those services.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or as expressly permitted under applicable data protection legislation.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
6. How long do we keep your information for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary, or for any period required by law.
Where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
If you have any questions about how long we keep your information, please contact us at info [at] the-consortium dot co dot uk.
7. How do we protect your personal information?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will make our best efforts to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Your rights
You have a right to ask us to confirm whether we are holding or processing information about you, and to request access to this information (‘right of access’).
You may ask us, or we may ask you, to rectify information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate or incomplete (‘right to rectification’).
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided us with changes, for example if you change your email address, name, payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know via info [at] the-consortium dot co dot uk.
You have a right to seek the erasure of your data (‘right to be forgotten’). You may wish to exercise this right for any reason, for example, where it is no longer necessary for us to continue holding or processing your personal data, you may withdraw your consent. You should note that we are entitled to and reserve the right to retain your data, for example, to comply with our legal obligations, or for reasons of public interest.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please let us know via info [at] the-consortium dot co dot uk. We will act in accordance with your instructions as soon as reasonably possible and there will be no charge.
You have a right to report any of your concerns about our use of your data to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You may do so by calling their helpline at 0303 123 1113.
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information stored on the hard drive of a user’s computer, which contain information about the user. The information is used to track a visitor’s use of a website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
We may store information about your user preferences (e.g. preferred text size) using cookies, which we can access when you visit our website in the future. We do this to help enhance your interaction with our website.
We may use services such as Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website by means of cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Refer to your browser’s instructions for details of how to do this. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
10. Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy will be posted on this page. By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
This Policy was last amended on 3 November 2018.